Experience the Best of Alaska with Our State
Experience the Best of Alaska with Our State August 22–September 1, 2021.
Discover the awe-inspiring scenery of Alaska with Our State as we marvel at glaciers, ancient inland mountains, and unique villages.
- • Scenic cruising through Alaska’s Inside Passage
- • Glass-domed luxury Princess rail service into the heart of Alaska
- • Ports of call in Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway
- • Scenic cruising of both Hubbard Glacier and Glacier Bay
- • Extended Tundra Wilderness Tour at Denali National Park
- • Railway journey to White Pass Summit on a historic narrow gauge railroad
- • Mendenhall Glacier – Whale-watching catamaran cruise
- • Round-trip airfare from Raleigh/Durham International Airport
- • 7 nights aboard the Coral Princess with balcony oceanview staterooms
- • 1 night pre-cruise accommodations in Fairbanks
- • 2 nights accommodations at Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge
- • All meals onboard ship, plus 3 breakfasts, 2 dinners, and 1 lunch on land
- • Exclusive Our State guest cocktail party in Denali
- • Our State host
- • Deluxe coach transportation
- • Airport and rail transfers; taxes and port fees
For reservations and more information, please contact Beth Rackham from AAA Travel at 919-832-0543 x 16012.
For reservations and more information:
919-832-0543 x 16012
Estimated price per person is $5,499*
*The price of this trip does not include airline fees for checked baggage.
What to expect on an Our State trip:
Traveling with a group of Our State readers is an enriching, enjoyable, and safe way to experience new cultures, people, and places. In addition to the informative narration from the tour director and local guides, an Our State host will be available to assist in making your trip successful.
We usually fly to our destination, then travel by a comfortable motor coach with anywhere from 35 to 50 people who appreciate learning about new regions. Your entire trip will be guided, planned, and arranged for your upmost enjoyment. Many activities are things you can only do because you are traveling with Our State.
You can also choose not to attend an activity if you prefer something different. Please let your tour director know if you are not coming on a scheduled day.
Many meals are included. Where you have meals on your own, suggestions will be provided.
Most of the motor coaches have restrooms but every effort will be made to make regular rest stops.
One of the best parts of traveling with Our State is that you will meet new people, many of whom you will already have much in common with since most travelers read the magazine. Many guests often develop friendships that go on long after the tour is finished. Our State trips are generally filled with dynamic and friendly people.
Our tours are physically active but not meant to be strenuous.
Please be aware you will be on your feet, walking and standing for much of the day, indoors and outdoors, in all weather conditions and terrains. There will also be extended time on the motor coach when we travel from place to place. If there are any mobility issues you will need to have an able-bodied traveling companion to accompany and assist you.
We regret that we’re unable to provide individual assistance to guests with walking difficulties or other personal needs. The responsibility of the Trip Director who accompanies your trip is to ensure that the larger group enjoys a relaxing and informative journey, and he or she cannot be relied upon to provide ongoing individual assistance to any one guest. Guests requiring such individualized assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion who can provide it.
If you have additional questions, please call Our State's Travel Director Amy Wood Pasquini at 336-286-0600, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.